My Mother came to visit recently bearing gifts such as a crockpot from the 70′s, fifty pairs of stockings and her most prized possession – her recipe book which contained the recipe for happiness.
I am now going to share with you that secret to happiness. It only has three ingredients so it shouldn’t take that long and then you can eat happiness too.
I wont delay you further, I also have an apple crumble in the oven.
- A Packet of Lattice Biscuits
- A Packet of Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 600ml thickened cream
- Passionfruit pulp
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 25g butter
- Line a rectangular pan with non stick paper so that it over hangs. Handy when you need to get stuff out of said pan.
- Place a layer of lattice biscuits glazed side down to fill the pan. You may have to cut some biscuits to fit or eat.
- Whip the instant pudding and cream together until it has a smooth creamy texture. Resist the urge to eat it. It is very hard, I know but try. Be strong.
- If you got this far pour over the Lattice biscuits and lay more Lattice biscuits over the top of the mixture.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and then mix the icing sugar and passionfruit pulp and spread evenly over the top.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until chilled and then enjoy happiness using the outline of the biscuits to cut.
See? Happiness is obtainable and Mothers are always right.